Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Phantastic Philly

This blog is for you, Melissa :) Given that I had only spent 2 days in Philly prior to moving here, I was definitely left with a sense of uncertainty about adapting. I have heard such mixed opinions: "you are going to freeze," "ohhh, Philly" - accompanied by scornful look, "Philly is great, you'll love it"...yadda, yadda. So far, I must say that I am pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere. The people seem pretty cool. I mean, I haven't been flipped off yet or even honked at (well, maybe just once... but understandable given my driving adaptation from 25mph to 65mph limits). I thought one guy was flipping me off right when I arrived and got on the highway in my rental car, but then realized my lights weren't on and that's what the nice driver was telling me. As I commented before, the public buses were even nice. The best part of Philly so far was the avid use of the JumboTron at the Phillies stadium... I think they try to capture everybody. Of course, I was on it and was in shock... didn't even weave. But it was still awesome and I am secretly a little bit of a Phillies fan (Tim is going to hate seeing this). I checked into work and I really like it so far. I stayed for the noon lecture today and learned a lot already!I don't technically start until Aug 1, but I'm neurotic about scoping it out early as I greatly dislike the feeling of being utterly lost. It's inevitable with the size of this hospital. Random Stacy deviation... So, I was singing on the way to work. Oh yeah, it was to Katie Perry's "California Girls" and I was rocking it. I realized it was the first time I was singing out loud in a while. That's when I realized I am happy to be "back." The apartment is coming along. All 3 moving companies have delivered our goods. I received my car from Baltimore. Things are getting settled. Oh, wedding planning... things are coming along. Less than 3 months! It is coming fast and I cannot wait. I just hope I don't get so busy that the wedding planning falls behind. I just feel relief knowing we have the dress, the site, the food, the drinks, hotels, transportation, DJ, and photographer... all you need for a spectacular party! Goal for next blog...funnier. will see what I can do. Hoping to have more singing moments between now and then. Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment